redhippo Help Centre
How do I create a php.ini file?
In this Article
- Some reasons you may need to create a php.ini file
- Quick how-to instructions for creating a php.ini file
You may need to create a php.ini file for various reasons, one being to fix an error like the WordPress menu items limit.
To create a php.ini file on your Red Hippo hosting account do the following:
- Log in to your maXpanel control panel.
- Click file “File Manager“.
- From the top row of icons click “New File” to create a new file.
- In the pop-up dialog type the file name, in this case “php.ini” and click “Ok“.
- In the text box you can now enter anything required, once done click “Save and Close“.
- Next, if the file needs to be in the public_html folder or any other directory, simply drag it over the directory you want it in. (please note, you may have to click the arrow button next to a directory to expand it if the directory you are looking for is nested deeper down.)
And that’s it, you now know how to create a php.ini file!